Paravisini is at the Columbia Business School. I thank Abhijit Banerjee, Esther Duflo, Sendhil Mullainathan, and Antoinette Schoar for invaluable comments and discussions. I am grateful for comments from the editor, an anonymous referee, Adam Ashcraft, Darrell Duffie, Iván Fernández-Val, Andrew Hertzberg, Kose John, Arvind Krishnamurthy, Owen Lamont, Alexis León, Greg Nini, Jun Pan, Francisco Pérez-González, Tano Santos, Sheridan Titman, and Jeffrey Zwiebel. This work also benefited greatly from the thoughts of all the participants of the finance seminars at Kellogg School of Management, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Smith School of Business, Sloan School of Management, Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stern School of Business, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm University, Tepper School of Business, McCombs School of Business, and Yale School of Management; the banking seminars at the New York Federal Reserve Bank, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Bank and the WFA; and the development economics seminar at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Local Bank Financial Constraints and Firm Access to External Finance
Version of Record online: 10 SEP 2008
© 2008 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 63, Issue 5, pages 2161–2193, October 2008
How to Cite
PARAVISINI, D. (2008), Local Bank Financial Constraints and Firm Access to External Finance. The Journal of Finance, 63: 2161–2193. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2008.01393.x
- Issue online: 10 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 10 SEP 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!