Marin is at IMDEA Social Sciences and I.E. Business School. Olivier is at H.E.C. Paris, GREGHEC, and CEPR. The authors are grateful to Antoni Sureda for outstanding research assistance and Laurent Calvet, Paolo Colla, Thierry Foucault, Francesco Franzoni, Jeremy Large, Michael Rockinger, Bruno Solnik, Anthony Tay, Dimitri Vayanos, and Joachim Voth for insightful comments. They also thank seminar audiences at the 2006 Adam Smith Asset Pricing conference (Oxford), the 2006 European Finance Association meeting (Zurich), and the 2005 meeting of the Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (Vigo) and Pompeu Fabra University, Singapore Management University, University of the Balearic Islands, University of Alicante, University Carlos III, and University of Zurich. The authors are especially thankful to Robert Stambaugh (the editor), the referee, and an associate editor for questions and suggestions that have significantly contributed to the quality of the paper. Jose Marin acknowledges financial support from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Education (SEJ2005–03924). Jacques Olivier gratefully acknowledges financial support from the Fondation HEC.
The Dog That Did Not Bark: Insider Trading and Crashes
Version of Record online: 10 SEP 2008
© 2008 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 63, Issue 5, pages 2429–2476, October 2008
How to Cite
MARIN, J. M. and OLIVIER, J. P. (2008), The Dog That Did Not Bark: Insider Trading and Crashes. The Journal of Finance, 63: 2429–2476. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2008.01401.x
- Issue online: 10 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 10 SEP 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!