Stephen Brown is the David S. Loeb Professor of Finance at New York University Stern School of Business; William Goetzmann is the Edwin J. Beinecke Professor of Finance and Management, Yale School of Management; Bing Liang is Professor of Finance, Isenberg School of Management, University of Massachusetts; and Christopher Schwarz is Assistant Professor of Finance, University of California at Irvine. We acknowledge the very extensive comments of the editor and referee, and thank Yong Chen; Mila Getmansky; Thomas Fraser; and seminar participants at Babson College, the CISDM 2006 Annual Conference, Erasmus University, the 2006 European Finance Association Meetings, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, the 2007 INQUIRE Spring Seminar, Lancaster University, London Business School, Massey University, Monash University, National Sun Yat-Sen University, the New York Stock Exchange, the 9th Conference of the European Central Bank—Centre for Financial Studies Research Network 2007, Oxford University, Rutgers University, Singapore Management University, the 20th Australasian Finance & Banking Conference 2007, the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, the University of Melbourne, the University of North Carolina, the University of Sydney, the University of Vienna, and the 2007 Western Finance Association Meetings for useful comments. While this research was supported in part by a grant from INQUIRE UK and a grant from the BSI Gamma Foundation, it does not necessarily reflect the views of either organization.
Mandatory Disclosure and Operational Risk: Evidence from Hedge Fund Registration
Version of Record online: 11 NOV 2008
© 2008 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 63, Issue 6, pages 2785–2815, December 2008
How to Cite
BROWN, S., GOETZMANN, W., LIANG, B. and SCHWARZ, C. (2008), Mandatory Disclosure and Operational Risk: Evidence from Hedge Fund Registration. The Journal of Finance, 63: 2785–2815. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2008.01413.x
- Issue online: 11 NOV 2008
- Version of Record online: 11 NOV 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!