Brown is from Montana State University and Fazzari and Petersen are from Washington University in St. Louis. This research has been generously supported by grants from the Weidenbaum Center on the Economy, Government, and Public Policy at Washington University and a grant from the Washington University Center for Research on Innovation and Entrepreneurship funded by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. We thank the editor, Campbell Harvey, an anonymous associate editor, and two referees for many constructive comments. We also thank Raul Andrade, Jie Chen, and Jacek Suda for excellent research assistance. We are grateful for comments from Ross Andrese, Dino Falaschetti, and conference and seminar participants at the 2007 International Industrial Organization Conference, the 2007 Deutsche Bundesbank Kleist Villa Workshop, the Center for Finance and Credit Markets at the University of Nottingham, the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, and the Universities of Bergamo, Torino, and Trento, Italy.
Financing Innovation and Growth: Cash Flow, External Equity, and the 1990s R&D Boom
Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2009
© 2009 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 64, Issue 1, pages 151–185, February 2009
How to Cite
BROWN, J. R., FAZZARI, S. M. and PETERSEN, B. C. (2009), Financing Innovation and Growth: Cash Flow, External Equity, and the 1990s R&D Boom. The Journal of Finance, 64: 151–185. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2008.01431.x
- Issue online: 23 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!