Omer Brav is currently employed at Paulson & Co. Inc. This paper is based on my PhD dissertation at the Wharton Business School. An earlier draft of this paper was circulated under the title “How Does Access to the Public Capital Market Affect Firms’ Capital Structure?” I would like to thank Alon Brav, Brian Bushee, Yingjin Gan, Mitch Gouss, Richard Herring, David Musto, Michael Roberts, Oded Sarig, Robert Stambaugh (the editor), Ayako Yasuda, and two anonymous referees for valuable feedback. I owe special thanks to Andrew Metrick for his guidance and support. Comments and suggestions from seminar participants at Cornell University, Emory University, and Wharton School are gratefully acknowledged. All remaining errors are mine. The opinions in this paper represent my own views and not necessarily the views of Paulson & Co. Inc., nor any of its affiliates or employees.
Access to Capital, Capital Structure, and the Funding of the Firm
Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2009
© 2009 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 64, Issue 1, pages 263–308, February 2009
How to Cite
BRAV, O. (2009), Access to Capital, Capital Structure, and the Funding of the Firm. The Journal of Finance, 64: 263–308. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2008.01434.x
- Issue online: 23 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!