Atanassov is with the Lundquist College of Business, University of Oregon, and Kim is with the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan. This paper has benefited greatly by helpful comments and suggestions by Sugato Bhattacharyya, Bhagwan Chowdhry, David Denis, Campbell Harvey (the editor), Timothy Kruse, Rafael La Porta, John McConnell, Adair Morse, Paige Ouimet, Uday Rajan, Amit Seru, Jordan Siegel, Suraj Srinivasan, Jan Svejnar, Paolo Volpin, an anonymous associate editor, an anonymous referee, and participants at the Winter Research Conference at Indian School of Business, Harvard Business School International Research Conference, Zurich Conference on Alternative Views of Corporate Governance, and finance seminars at Duke University, Purdue University, Vanderbilt University, University of Michigan, and University of Texas at San Antonio. We also thank Mitsui Life Financial Research Center for financial support, and Gumwon Hong and Joyce Buchanan for programing and research assistance in obtaining ownership data and for editorial assistance, respectively.
Labor and Corporate Governance: International Evidence from Restructuring Decisions
Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2009
© 2009 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 64, Issue 1, pages 341–374, February 2009
How to Cite
ATANASSOV, J. and KIM, E. H. (2009), Labor and Corporate Governance: International Evidence from Restructuring Decisions. The Journal of Finance, 64: 341–374. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2008.01436.x
- Issue online: 23 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!