Hahn is with Yonsei School of Business, Yonsei University. Lee is with College of Economics and Finance, Hanyang University. We thank Heitor Almeida, Murillo Campello, Lauren Cohen (FMA discussant), Pete Frost, Alan Hess, Avi Kamara, Jon Karpoff, Leonardo Madureira (EFA discussant), Paul Malatesta, Ed Rice, Andy Siegel, Stephan Siegel, Deon Strickland (WFA discussant), and seminar participants at the University of Washington, Hanyang University, Yonsei University, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul National University, and the 2005 WFA, EFA, and FMA meetings for helpful comments and suggestions, and Xi Han for excellent research assistance. We are also grateful to an anonymous referee and the editor Rob Stambaugh for many insightful comments and detailed suggestions. Part of this research was conducted while Hahn was with the University of Washington, Seattle, and Lee with Korea Development Institute.
Financial Constraints, Debt Capacity, and the Cross-section of Stock Returns
Version of Record online: 13 MAR 2009
© 2009 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 64, Issue 2, pages 891–921, April 2009
How to Cite
HAHN, J. and LEE, H. (2009), Financial Constraints, Debt Capacity, and the Cross-section of Stock Returns. The Journal of Finance, 64: 891–921. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2009.01452.x
- Issue online: 13 MAR 2009
- Version of Record online: 13 MAR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!