Pavel Savor is at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. Qi Lu is at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University. We would like to thank John Graham (the Co-editor); an anonymous referee; Torben Andersen; Philip Bond; Joshua Coval; Janice Eberly; Kathleen Hagerty; Carin Knoop; Arvind Krishnamurthy; Andrew Metrick; Michael Roberts; Paola Sapienza; Erik Stafford; Rene Stulz; Luis Viceira; Beverly Walther; and seminar participants at Boston College, Emory University, Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Northwestern University, University of Notre Dame, and University of Pennsylvania for many valuable comments and discussions. We are especially grateful to Malcolm Baker, Kent Daniel, Michael Fishman, Todd Pulvino, Andrei Shleifer, and Jeremy Stein for their help and support. Any remaining errors are our own.
Do Stock Mergers Create Value for Acquirers?
Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2009
© 2009 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 64, Issue 3, pages 1061–1097, June 2009
How to Cite
SAVOR, P. G. and LU, Q. (2009), Do Stock Mergers Create Value for Acquirers?. The Journal of Finance, 64: 1061–1097. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2009.01459.x
- Issue online: 20 MAY 2009
- Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!