Jeremy C. Stein is from Harvard University and NBER. Presidential Address delivered to the American Finance Association, San Francisco, January 4, 2009. I am indebted to Sam Hanson for outstanding research assistance. I also thank John Campbell, Harrison Hong, Robin Greenwood, Borja Larrain, Andrei Shleifer, Erik Stafford, Dimitri Vayanos, Ivo Welch, and seminar participants at Harvard for helpful comments and suggestions.
Presidential Address: Sophisticated Investors and Market Efficiency
Version of Record online: 16 JUL 2009
© 2009 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 64, Issue 4, pages 1517–1548, August 2009
How to Cite
STEIN, J. C. (2009), Presidential Address: Sophisticated Investors and Market Efficiency. The Journal of Finance, 64: 1517–1548. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2009.01472.x
- Issue online: 16 JUL 2009
- Version of Record online: 16 JUL 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!