Ronald W. Masulis is from the Owen Graduate School of Management, Vanderbilt University; Cong Wang is from the Faculty of Business Administration, Chinese University of Hong Kong; and Fei Xie is from the School of Management, George Mason University. We thank Paul Gompers, Joy Ishii, and Andrew Metrick for generously sharing data on dual-class companies. We also thank Cam Harvey (the editor), an anonymous associate editor, an anonymous referee, Harry DeAngelo, Mara Faccio, Wi-Saeng Kim, Michael King, Lily Qiu, Anil Shivdasani, and seminar participants at Chinese University of Hong Kong, City University of Hong Kong, Nanyang Technological University, Peking University, San Diego State University, Vanderbilt University, the 2nd International Conference on Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, the 13th Mitsui Life Symposium on Global Financial Markets, 2007 FMA Annual Meeting, and 2007 European FMA Meeting for valuable comments. Cong Wang also acknowledges the financial support of a Direct Allocation Grant at CUHK (project ID: 2070391, 07-08).
Agency Problems at Dual-Class Companies
Version of Record online: 16 JUL 2009
© 2009 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 64, Issue 4, pages 1697–1727, August 2009
How to Cite
MASULIS, R. W., WANG, C. and XIE, F. (2009), Agency Problems at Dual-Class Companies. The Journal of Finance, 64: 1697–1727. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2009.01477.x
- Issue online: 16 JUL 2009
- Version of Record online: 16 JUL 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!