Lauren Cohen is from Harvard Business School and NBER. Breno Schmidt is from Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California. The authors thank Andrew Ang, Nick Barberis, Jeff Brown, Joe Chen, Judy Chevalier, James Choi, Sean Collins, Doug Diamond, Marty Gruber, Michael Hadley, Cam Harvey, Gur Huberman, Wei Jiang, Chris Jones, Owen Lamont, Dong Lou, Pedro Matos, Massimo Massa, John Matsusaka, Mike McNamee, Toby Moskowitz, Federico Nardari, L̆ubos̆ Pástor, Nagpurnanand Prabhala, Josh Rauh, Brian Reid, Jon Reuter, Matt Richardson, Jeff Wurgler, an associate editor, and an anonymous referee for their helpful discussions and suggestions. We are also grateful to seminar participants at Chicago, Northwestern, Yale, USC, the NYU/NY Fed Conference on Financial Intermediation, the FRA Conference, the EFA 2006 Meetings in Zurich, and the WFA 2007 Meetings in Big Sky for useful comments. Conversations with the Investment Company Institute and participants at the Yale Mutual Fund Directors Forum were also very helpful.
Attracting Flows by Attracting Big Clients
Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2009
© 2009 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 64, Issue 5, pages 2125–2151, October 2009
How to Cite
COHEN, L. and SCHMIDT, B. (2009), Attracting Flows by Attracting Big Clients. The Journal of Finance, 64: 2125–2151. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2009.01496.x
- Issue online: 28 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!