Gil-Bazo and Ruiz-Verdú are with the Department of Business Administration, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. The authors thank Campbell Harvey (the editor), an anonymous associate editor, and an anonymous referee for their comments, which have led to substantial improvements in the paper. We are also grateful to Laurent Barras, Clemens Sialm, Massimo Guidolin, Alfonso Novales, Mikel Tapia, Manuel F. Bagüés, Frédéric Warzynski, and Ralph Koijen as well as seminar participants at Tilburg University, IE Business School, University of the Basque Country, Universidad de Navarra, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Financial Management Association European Conference, and the annual meeting of the European Financial Management Association for helpful comments and suggestions. The usual disclaimer applies. Part of the paper was written while Javier Gil-Bazo was visiting the Finance Department of Tilburg University. The financial support of Spain's Ministry of Education and Science (SEJ2005-06655, SEJ2007-67448, and Consolider-Ingenio CSD2006-16), the BBVA Foundation, and the Madrid Autonomous Region (CCG07-UC3M/HUM-3413) is gratefully acknowledged.
The Relation between Price and Performance in the Mutual Fund Industry
Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2009
© 2009 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 64, Issue 5, pages 2153–2183, October 2009
How to Cite
GIL-BAZO, J. and RUIZ-VERDÚ, P. (2009), The Relation between Price and Performance in the Mutual Fund Industry. The Journal of Finance, 64: 2153–2183. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2009.01497.x
- Issue online: 28 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!