Sanjeev Bhojraj is from the Johnson School of Management, Cornell University. Paul Hribar is from the Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa. Marc Picconi is from the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University. John McInnis is from the McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin. The authors gratefully acknowledge the insightful comments and suggestions made by Cam Harvey (the editor), an associate editor, and an anonymous referee, as well as seminar participants at Cornell University, Columbia University, Duke University, the University of Illinois, the University of Minnesota, the University of North Carolina, the University of Oklahoma, the University of Rochester, and Washington University in St. Louis. The authors thank Thomson Financial Services Inc. for providing earnings per share forecast data, available through the Institutional Brokers Estimate System (I/B/E/S). These data have been provided as part of a broad academic program to encourage earnings expectation research.
Making Sense of Cents: An Examination of Firms That Marginally Miss or Beat Analyst Forecasts
Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2009
© 2009 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 64, Issue 5, pages 2361–2388, October 2009
How to Cite
BHOJRAJ, S., HRIBAR, P., PICCONI, M. and McINNIS, J. (2009), Making Sense of Cents: An Examination of Firms That Marginally Miss or Beat Analyst Forecasts. The Journal of Finance, 64: 2361–2388. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2009.01503.x
- Issue online: 28 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!