Andres Almazan is from the University of Texas. Adolfo de Motta is from McGill University. Sheridan Titman is from the University of Texas and the National Bureau of Economic Research. Vahap Uysal is from the University of Oklahoma. We would like to thank for helpful comments: Alberto Abadie, Jason Abrevaya, Aydogan Alti, Matthias Buhlmaier, Louis Ederington, Chitru Fernando, Lorenzo Garlappi, Charles Hadlock, Campbell Harvey (the Editor), Simi Kedia, Scott Lynn, Bill Megginson, Gordon Phillips, Roberto Rigobon, Pradeep Yadav, an anonymous associate editor, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at Baylor University, Boston College, Brigham Young University, UC-Irvine, Columbia University, Drexel University, Fundacion Rafael del Pino, Princeton University, Rutgers University, Texas Christian University, Universidad Carlos III, University of Essex, University of Michigan, University of Oklahoma, University of Southern California, UT-Dallas, UT-Austin,Vienna Graduate School of Finance, WFA-Hawaii, and York University. Adolfo de Motta thanks IFM2 for its financial support.
Financial Structure, Acquisition Opportunities, and Firm Locations
Version of Record online: 19 MAR 2010
© 2010 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 65, Issue 2, pages 529–563, April 2010
How to Cite
ALMAZAN, A., DE MOTTA, A., TITMAN, S. and UYSAL, V. (2010), Financial Structure, Acquisition Opportunities, and Firm Locations. The Journal of Finance, 65: 529–563. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2009.01543.x
- Issue online: 19 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 19 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!