Jeffrey Busse and Amit Goyal are from the Goizueta Business School, Emory University, and Sunil Wahal is from the W.P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University. We are indebted to Robert Stein and Margaret Tobiasen at Informa Investment Solutions and to Jim Minnick and Frithjof van Zyp at eVestment Alliance for graciously providing data. Financial support from the Goizueta Business School is gratefully acknowledged. We thank an anonymous referee, George Benston, Gjergji Cici, Kenneth French, William Goetzmann (the European Finance Association discussant), Campbell Harvey (the Editor), Byoung-Hyoun Hwang, Narasimhan Jegadeesh, and seminar participants at the 2006 European Finance Association meetings, 2008 Swiss Finance Association Meeting, Arizona State University, the College of William and Mary, Emory University, Harvard University, HEC Lausanne, HEC Paris, Helsinki School of Economics, National University of Singapore, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration (NHH Bergen), Norwegian School of Management (BI Oslo), Singapore Management University, UCLA, UNC-Chapel Hill, University of Georgia, University of Oregon, University of Virginia (Darden), and VU University (Amsterdam) for helpful suggestions.
Performance and Persistence in Institutional Investment Management
Version of Record online: 19 MAR 2010
© 2010 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 65, Issue 2, pages 765–790, April 2010
How to Cite
BUSSE, J. A., GOYAL, A. and WAHAL, S. (2010), Performance and Persistence in Institutional Investment Management. The Journal of Finance, 65: 765–790. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2009.01550.x
- Issue online: 19 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 19 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!