Berk is at Stanford University and the National Bureau of Economic Research. Stanton is at U.C. Berkeley. Zechner is at Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration. The authors thank Jin Yu for valuable research assistance, and gratefully acknowledge helpful comments and suggestions from Michael Fishman, Michael Fuerst, Richard Green, Christopher Hennessy, Ben Hermalin, Mike Lemmon, Erwan Morellec, Michael Roberts, Jacob Sagi, Ivo Welch, Campbell Harvey (the editor), an anonymous associate editor, and an anonymous referee. We are grateful for financial support from the Fisher Center for Real Estate and Urban Economics.
Human Capital, Bankruptcy, and Capital Structure
Version of Record online: 7 MAY 2010
© 2010 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 65, Issue 3, pages 891–926, June 2010
How to Cite
BERK, J. B., STANTON, R. and ZECHNER, J. (2010), Human Capital, Bankruptcy, and Capital Structure. The Journal of Finance, 65: 891–926. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2010.01556.x
- Issue online: 7 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 7 MAY 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!