Greenwood and Stein are at Harvard University and the National Bureau of Economic Research, and Hanson is at Harvard University. We thank Tobias Adrian, Malcolm Baker, Sergey Chernenko, Ken French, Ken Garbade, John Graham (co-editor), Campbell Harvey (editor), Arvind Krishnamurthy, Robert McDonald, Adriano Rampini, Andrei Shleifer, Matt Spiegel, Erik Stafford, Lawrence Summers, Dimitri Vayanos, Luis Viceira, Jeffrey Wurgler, an anonymous referee and associate editor, and seminar participants at the NBER Corporate Finance meeting, Kellogg, Yale School of Management, Brown, the University of North Carolina-Duke Corporate Finance conference, the University of Toronto, the University of British Columbia, and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York for helpful suggestions. We are grateful to Sergey Chernenko and Michael Faulkender for sharing their data on swap activity.
A Gap-Filling Theory of Corporate Debt Maturity Choice
Version of Record online: 7 MAY 2010
© 2010 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 65, Issue 3, pages 993–1028, June 2010
How to Cite
GREENWOOD, R., HANSON, S. and STEIN, J. C. (2010), A Gap-Filling Theory of Corporate Debt Maturity Choice. The Journal of Finance, 65: 993–1028. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2010.01559.x
- Issue online: 7 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 7 MAY 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!