Laurent Frésard is from HEC Paris. This paper is based on the first chapter of my dissertation at the University of Neuchatel. I am extremely grateful to Michel Dubois (Chair), François Degeorge, Michel Habib, Erwan Morellec, and Milad Zarin for many helpful discussions. I also thank Tom Berglund; François Derrien; John Graham (the Co-editor); Rachel Hayes; Campbell Harvey (the Editor); Uli Hege; Jean Imbs; Mesrop Janunts; Jens Martin; Sebastien Michenaud; Christophe Pérignon; Evgeny Plaksen; Gordon Phillips; Enrique Schroth; Linus Siming; René Stulz; Philip Valta; an anonymous referee; an anonymous associate editor; and seminar participants at EPFL, Imperial College London, HEC Paris, the University of Lugano, the University of Lausanne, the 2009 Winter European Finance Conference in Klosters, the 2008 Frontiers of Finance Conference in Belize, the 2008 Chicago Quantitative Alliance (CQA) Meeting in Chicago, the 6th Swiss Doctoral Workshop in Finance in Gerzensee, the first Swiss Corporate Finance Day in Neuchâtel, the 2008 EFA meeting in Athens, the 2008 EFMA meeting in Athens, and the 2007 French Finance Association Meeting in Paris for their valuable comments and suggestions.
Financial Strength and Product Market Behavior: The Real Effects of Corporate Cash Holdings
Version of Record online: 7 MAY 2010
© 2010 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 65, Issue 3, pages 1097–1122, June 2010
How to Cite
FRESARD, L. (2010), Financial Strength and Product Market Behavior: The Real Effects of Corporate Cash Holdings. The Journal of Finance, 65: 1097–1122. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2010.01562.x
- Issue online: 7 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 7 MAY 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!