Richard C. Green is with the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University, Dan Li is with the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, and Norman Schürhoff is with the Faculty of Business and Economics at University of Lausanne, Swiss Finance Institute, and CEPR. The third author acknowledges research support from the Swiss Finance Institute and from NCCR FINRISK of the Swiss National Science Foundation. Seminar participants at Arizona State, Carnegie Mellon, Columbia, George Mason, Lausanne, Miami, Oklahoma, Oxford, and Wharton provided helpful comments and guidance. We greatly appreciate the feedback from our discussants Larry Harris, Adam Kolasinski, and Bruce Lehmann and conference participants at the AFA 2009, EFA 2008, and 2nd Workshop on Financial Market Quality. An anonymous referee and Associate Editor, along with the Editor, Campbell Harvey, have done much to improve the paper. We thank Tal Heppenstall, J.C. Stilley, and Jim Konieczny of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center for conversations that alerted us to the problems studied in this paper.
Price Discovery in Illiquid Markets: Do Financial Asset Prices Rise Faster Than They Fall?
Version of Record online: 21 SEP 2010
© 2010 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 65, Issue 5, pages 1669–1702, October 2010
How to Cite
GREEN, R. C., LI, D. and SCHÜRHOFF, N. (2010), Price Discovery in Illiquid Markets: Do Financial Asset Prices Rise Faster Than They Fall?. The Journal of Finance, 65: 1669–1702. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2010.01590.x
- Issue online: 21 SEP 2010
- Version of Record online: 21 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!