Foster School of Business, University of Washington and Lerner School of Business and Economics, University of Delaware, respectively. We thank especially Jerry Martin, who maintains the Karpoff-Lee-Martin database used in this study, and also Anup Agrawal, Uptal Bhattacharya, Hemang Desai, Karl Diether, Avi Kamara, Adam Kolansinski, Jennifer Koski, Srinivasan Krishnamurthy, Paul Laux, Paul Malatesta, Charu Raheja, Ed Rice, Ronnie Sadka, Katsiaryna Salavei, Mark Soliman, Ingrid Werner, two Journal of Finance referees, the Associate Editor, Campbell Harvey, and seminar participants at the 2008 CRSP Forum, Concordia University, Yale Law School, Binghamton University–SUNY, Rutgers University, Syracuse University, Temple University, University of Indiana, University of Washington, Vanderbilt Law School, and the California Corporate Finance Conference for helpful comments. We also thank the Q Group, The CFO Forum, and the Foster School of Business for financial support.
Short Sellers and Financial Misconduct
Version of Record online: 21 SEP 2010
© 2010 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 65, Issue 5, pages 1879–1913, October 2010
How to Cite
KARPOFF, J. M. and LOU, X. (2010), Short Sellers and Financial Misconduct. The Journal of Finance, 65: 1879–1913. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2010.01597.x
- Issue online: 21 SEP 2010
- Version of Record online: 21 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!