Fama is at the Booth School of Business, University of Chicago, and French is at the Amos Tuck School of Business Administration, Dartmouth College. We are grateful for the comments of Juhani Linnainmaa, Sunil Wahal, Jerry Zimmerman, and seminar participants at the University of Chicago, the California Institute of Technology, UCLA, and the Meckling Symposium at the University of Rochester. Special thanks to John Cochrane and the journal Editor, Associate Editor, and referees.
Luck versus Skill in the Cross-Section of Mutual Fund Returns
Version of Record online: 21 SEP 2010
© 2010 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 65, Issue 5, pages 1915–1947, October 2010
How to Cite
FAMA, E. F. and FRENCH, K. R. (2010), Luck versus Skill in the Cross-Section of Mutual Fund Returns. The Journal of Finance, 65: 1915–1947. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2010.01598.x
- Issue online: 21 SEP 2010
- Version of Record online: 21 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!