Both authors are from the Toulouse School of Economics and the Institut d'Administration des Entreprises (University of Toulouse I). Casamatta is also at the Europlace Institute of Finance. We would like to thank Bruno Biais, Roberta Dessì, Andrea Eisfeldt, Guido Friebel, Denis Gromb, Margaret Kyle, Thomas Mariotti, Colin Mayer, Meg Meyer, Jean Charles Rochet, Elu von Thadden, Lucy White, an anonymous referee, the associate editor of this journal, and seminar participants at Nuffield College, Mannheim University, Saïd Business School, the 4th Corporate Finance workshop at the LSE, the EFMA 2005, ESSFM Gerzensee 2005, the 10th Anniversary Finance Meeting of CEMAF/ISCTE, and the AFA 2006 for helpful comments. Casamatta would like to thank the EIF for financial support. This project was started while Guembel was at the University of Oxford and he gratefully acknowledges funding received there by the Michael Zilkha Trust (Lincoln College) and the Corporate Reputation Center (Saïd Business School). All remaining errors are ours.
Managerial Legacies, Entrenchment, and Strategic Inertia
Version of Record online: 9 NOV 2010
© 2010 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 65, Issue 6, pages 2403–2436, December 2010
How to Cite
CASAMATTA, C. and GUEMBEL, A. (2010), Managerial Legacies, Entrenchment, and Strategic Inertia. The Journal of Finance, 65: 2403–2436. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2010.01619.x
- Issue online: 9 NOV 2010
- Version of Record online: 9 NOV 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!