Benmelech is from Harvard University (the Department of Economics) and NBER, and Bergman is from MIT Sloan School of Management and NBER. We thank Paul Asquith, Douglas Baird, John Campbell, John Cochrane, Lauren Cohen, Shawn Cole, Joshua Coval, Sergei Davydenko, Douglas Diamond, Luigi Guiso, Campbell Harvey (the Editor), Oliver Hart, John Heaton, Christian Leuz, Andrei Shleifer, Jeremy Stein, Heather Tookes, Aleh Tsyvinsky, Jeffrey Zwiebel, an associate editor of the Journal of Finance, two anonymous referees, and seminar participants at DePaul University, The Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance in Rome, Harvard University, University of Chicago Booth School of Business, and the 2008 Financial Research Association Meeting. Benmelech is grateful for financial support from the National Science Foundation under CAREER award SES-0847392. We also thank Robert Grundy and Phil Shewring from Airclaims, Inc. Ricardo Enriquez and Apurv Jain provided excellent research assistance. All errors are our own.
Bankruptcy and the Collateral Channel
Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2011
© 2011 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 66, Issue 2, pages 337–378, April 2011
How to Cite
BENMELECH, E. and BERGMAN, N. K. (2011), Bankruptcy and the Collateral Channel. The Journal of Finance, 66: 337–378. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2010.01636.x
- Issue online: 21 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!