Trond M. Døskeland is with Norwegian School of Economics (NHH). Hans K. Hvide is with University of Aberdeen Business School, CEPR, and NHH. This work is part of the project “Portfolio Choices of Norwegian Investors,” funded by the Norwegian Research Council (Finansmarkedsfondet) under grant number 178944. We thank Verdipapirsentralen (The Norwegian Central Securities Depository) for providing the data. We thank Daniel Hoechle, Per Östberg, and seminar participants for their comments, Børsprosjektet at NHH and Øystein Hungerholt for their helpful assistance, and Bernt Arne Ødegaard for providing us with the risk factors for the Oslo Stock Exchange. Finally, we are especially thankful for the comments of an anonymous referee, an associate editor, and the Editor, Campbell Harvey.
Do Individual Investors Have Asymmetric Information Based on Work Experience?
Version of Record online: 23 MAY 2011
© 2011 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 66, Issue 3, pages 1011–1041, June 2011
How to Cite
DØSKELAND, T. M. and HVIDE, H. K. (2011), Do Individual Investors Have Asymmetric Information Based on Work Experience?. The Journal of Finance, 66: 1011–1041. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2011.01658.x
- Issue online: 23 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 23 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!