Griffin is at the University of Texas at Austin, Harris is at the University of Delaware, Shu is at the University of Georgia, and Topaloglu is at Queen's University. We thank NASDAQ for providing access to some of the essential data while Harris was a NASDAQ Visiting Academic Fellow. We thank Cam Harvey, an associate editor, and two anonymous referees for extensive comments that greatly improved the paper. We are grateful to Robert Battalio; Markus Brunnermeier; Alistair Byrne; Eric Falkenstein; Ken French; Michael Gallmeyer; Will Goetzmann; Frank Hatheway; Nick Hirschey; David Hirshleifer; Roger Ibbotson; Ravi Jagannathan; Steve Jordan; Jason Karceski; Patrick Kelly; Josef Lakonishok; Stephen F. LeRoy; Spencer Martin; Federico Nardari; Bob Parrino; Allen Poteshman; Avri Ravid; Jay Ritter; Geert Rouwenhorst; Laura Starks; René Stulz; Shyam Sunder; Anjan V. Thakor; Fabio Trojani; and seminar participants at Arizona State University, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Dartmouth College, European Finance Association Conference, FMA European Conference in Stockholm, Indiana University Bubble Conference, The Ohio State University, Texas A&M University, University of Illinois, University of Maryland, University of New South Wales, University of Texas, University of Toronto, Washington University, and Western Finance Association Conference for helpful comments. We thank John Bai, Rolando Campos, Nick Hirschey, Kelvin Huang, Jordan Nickerson, Stephen Virgilio, Qi Zhang, Xin Zhang, Ligang Zhong, and especially Michael Yates for research assistance. Parts of this paper are drawn from the working paper “Investor Behavior over the Rise and Fall of NASDAQ.” Topaloglu gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada.
Who Drove and Burst the Tech Bubble?
Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2011
© 2011 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 66, Issue 4, pages 1251–1290, August 2011
How to Cite
GRIFFIN, J. M., HARRIS, J. H., SHU, T. and TOPALOGLU, S. (2011), Who Drove and Burst the Tech Bubble?. The Journal of Finance, 66: 1251–1290. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2011.01663.x
- Issue online: 19 JUL 2011
- Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!