Shivdasani is at Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Wang is at the Department of Finance, Chinese University of Hong Kong. We thank two anonymous referees, an associate editor, Greg Brown, Sudipto Dasgupta, John Graham (Editor), Cam Harvey, Matthias Kahl, Wayne Landsman, Micah Officer, Paige Ouimet, Chris Parsons, Adam Reed, Jay Ritter, Steffen Sascha, Ed Van Wesep, and seminar participants at the 2010 American Finance Association meeting in Atlanta, the 2010 China International Conference in Finance meeting in Beijing, the 2010 European Finance Association meeting in Frankfurt, American University, Australia National University Summer Finance Camp 2009, Chinese University of Hong Kong, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Baptist University, Nanyang Technological University, Southern Methodist University, Texas Christian University, Tsinghua University, University of Florida, University of North Carolina, University of Oregon, and University of Wisconsin at Madison for helpful comments. We thank Chris Flanagan and Kedran Panageas of JP Morgan and Marc Auerbach and William Chew of S&P for helpful discussions. We thank Asset-Backed Alert for sharing their data and updating the sample to include recent deals. An earlier version of this paper was titled “Does Credit Supply Drive the LBO Market?.”
Did Structured Credit Fuel the LBO Boom?
Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2011
© 2011 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 66, Issue 4, pages 1291–1328, August 2011
How to Cite
SHIVDASANI, A. and WANG, Y. (2011), Did Structured Credit Fuel the LBO Boom?. The Journal of Finance, 66: 1291–1328. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2011.01667.x
- Issue online: 19 JUL 2011
- Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!