Washington University in St. Louis, Georgia Institute of Technology, and University of Houston, respectively. The authors thank Utpal Bhattacharya, John Graham, Manju Puri, Michael Roberts, David Robinson, Sheridan Titman, S. Viswanathan, and the seminar participants at Duke University, the Chicago Fed Bank Structure Conference, the Fifth Corporate Finance Conference at the Olin Business School, 2009 Financial Intermediation Research Society Conference at Prague and discussant Victoria Ivashina, 2008 European Finance Association Meetings at Athens and discussant Evgeny Lyandres, 2008 Financial Economics and Accounting Conference at UT Austin and discussant Chris Parsons, Indian School of Business, Indiana University, IU-Notre Dame-Purdue Conference and discussant Shane A. Corwin, University of Houston, University of Texas at Dallas, and Washington University for their helpful comments. An earlier draft of the paper was titled “How do defaults affect lead arranger reputation in the loan syndication market?”
Does Poor Performance Damage the Reputation of Financial Intermediaries? Evidence from the Loan Syndication Market
Version of Record online: 14 NOV 2011
© 2011 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 66, Issue 6, pages 2083–2120, December 2011
How to Cite
GOPALAN, R., NANDA, V. and YERRAMILLI, V. (2011), Does Poor Performance Damage the Reputation of Financial Intermediaries? Evidence from the Loan Syndication Market. The Journal of Finance, 66: 2083–2120. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2011.01692.x
- Issue online: 14 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 14 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!