Rajan is at the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business and Ramcharan is at the International Monetary Fund. We thank Lakshmi Aiyar, Stijn Claessens, Shawn Cole, Oded Galor, Adair Morse, Mark Rosenzweig, and Jeremy Stein as well as participants in seminars at the IMF, the NBER Political Economy, Corporate Finance, and Growth Workshops, MIT, Northwestern University, the University of Chicago, the WFA Meetings, and Yale University for comments. Rajan benefited from grants from the Stigler Center for the Study of the State and the Economy, from the Initiative on Global Markets, and from the National Science Foundation.
Land and Credit: A Study of the Political Economy of Banking in the United States in the Early 20th Century
Version of Record online: 14 NOV 2011
© 2011 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 66, Issue 6, pages 1895–1931, December 2011
How to Cite
RAJAN, R. G. and RAMCHARAN, R. (2011), Land and Credit: A Study of the Political Economy of Banking in the United States in the Early 20th Century. The Journal of Finance, 66: 1895–1931. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2011.01694.x
- Issue online: 14 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 14 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!