Solomon is with the University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business. I would like to thank my committee chair, L̆ubos̆ Pástor, as well as committee members Toby Moskowitz, Richard Thaler, and Luigi Zingales for their extensive assistance. I am also particularly grateful to Eugene Soltes for generously providing the news data, and for numerous discussions about it. This paper has benefited from helpful comments and suggestions from Cam Harvey (the Editor), the Associate Editor, and an anonymous referee, as well as Daniel Carvalho, Arjun Chakravarti, John Cochrane, Stefano DellaVigna, Wayne Ferson, Andrea Frazzini, Sam Hartzmark, Chris Hrdlicka, Chris Jones, Roni Kisin, Christian Leuz, Asaf Manela, Atif Mian, Alan Moreira, Adair Morse, Shastri Sandy, Paola Sapienza, John Scalf, Greg Solomon, Andreas Stathopoulos, and seminar participants at Chicago Booth, Emory University, the University of British Columbia, the University of New South Wales, The University of Rochester, and the University of Southern California. All remaining errors are my own. Research support from the Katherine Dusak Miller Ph.D. Fellowship in Finance is gratefully acknowledged; any opinions expressed herein are the author's.
Selective Publicity and Stock Prices
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2012
© 2012 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 67, Issue 2, pages 599–638, April 2012
How to Cite
SOLOMON, D. H. (2012), Selective Publicity and Stock Prices. The Journal of Finance, 67: 599–638. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01726.x
- Issue online: 27 MAR 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!