Ron Kaniel is from the Simon Graduate School of Business, University of Rochester, and the Center for Economic Policy Research. Shuming Liu is from the College of Business, San Francisco State University. Gideon Saar is from the Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University. Sheridan Titman is from the McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin. Acting Editor: Burton Hollifield. We are grateful for comments to Warren Bailey, Soeren Hvidkjaer, an anonymous referee, and seminar (or conference) participants at BI Norwegian School of Management, Columbia University, Copenhagen Business School, Cornell University, Rutgers University, University of Pittsburgh, University of Rochester, University of Virginia, the American Finance Association meetings, the Rodney White Conference at Wharton, and the Western Finance Association meetings. This research began while Saar was on leave from New York University and held the position of Visiting Research Economist at the New York Stock Exchange. The opinions expressed in this paper do not necessarily reflect those of the members or directors of the NYSE.
Individual Investor Trading and Return Patterns around Earnings Announcements
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2012
© 2012 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 67, Issue 2, pages 639–680, April 2012
How to Cite
KANIEL, R., LIU, S., SAAR, G. and TITMAN, S. (2012), Individual Investor Trading and Return Patterns around Earnings Announcements. The Journal of Finance, 67: 639–680. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01727.x
- Issue online: 27 MAR 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!