Cohen and Malloy are at the Harvard Business School and NBER; Pomorski is at the University of Toronto. We would like to thank Dan Bergstresser, Sabrina Buti, John Campbell, Jeff Coles, Josh Coval, Chuck Dale, Craig Doidge, Esther Eiling, Ben Esty, Fritz Foley, Cam Harvey, Harold Hau, Inigo Fraser-Jenkins, Julian Franks, Robin Greenwood, Raymond Kan, Inmoo Lee, Jan Mahrt-Smith, Jennifer Marietta-Westberg, Jacob Oded, Jeff Pontiff, Bryan Routledge, Nejat Seyhun, Tao Shu, Rick Sias, Sunil Wahal, Jason Wei, the Associate Editor, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), AQR Capital, Arrowstreet Capital, Binghamton, Dartmouth University, Harvard Business School, University of Missouri, the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, the Chicago Quantitative Alliance Annual Fall Conference, the China International Conference, the Center for Research in Securities Prices (CRSP) Forum, the European Finance Association Meeting in Frankfurt, the Inquire UK Conference in Cambridge, the Rothschild Caesarea Center 7th Annual Conference, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, and the Western Finance Association Meeting in Victoria for helpful comments and suggestions. We thank David Kim for outstanding research assistance, and we are grateful to Diego Garcia and Oyvind Norli for providing data on geographic locations of firm operations. We gratefully acknowledge funding from the National Science Foundation. We are also grateful for funding from INQUIRE UK. This article represents the views of the authors and not of INQUIRE.
Decoding Inside Information
Version of Record online: 21 MAY 2012
© 2012 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 67, Issue 3, pages 1009–1043, June 2012
How to Cite
COHEN, L., MALLOY, C. and POMORSKI, L. (2012), Decoding Inside Information. The Journal of Finance, 67: 1009–1043. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01740.x
- Issue online: 21 MAY 2012
- Version of Record online: 21 MAY 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!