Both authors are at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, NBER, and CEPR. We are grateful for comments from Fernando Alvarez, Frederico Belo, Jaroslav Borovička, Pierre Chaigneau, David Chapman, Josh Coval, Max Croce, Steve Davis, Allan Drazen, Francisco Gomes, John Graham (Co-editor), Cam Harvey (Editor), John Heaton, Monika Piazzesi, Lukas Schmid, Amit Seru, Rob Stambaugh, Milan Švolík, Francesco Trebbi, Rob Vishny, and an anonymous referee, as well as from conference participants at the 2010 NBER AP, 2010 NBER EFG, 2011 WFA, 2011 EFA, 2011 SED, 2011 SITE, 2011 Prague Economic Meeting, 2011 European Summer Symposium in Financial Markets (Gerzensee), and 2011 Chicago Booth CFO Forum and workshop participants at the Bank of England, Chicago, Einaudi Institute (Rome), Erasmus, ECB, Harvard, LBS, LSE, McGill, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Oxford, Vanderbilt, Warwick, and WU Vienna. This research was funded in part by the Initiative on Global Markets at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
Uncertainty about Government Policy and Stock Prices
Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2012
© 2012 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 67, Issue 4, pages 1219–1264, August 2012
How to Cite
PÁSTOR, L. and VERONESI, P. (2012), Uncertainty about Government Policy and Stock Prices. The Journal of Finance, 67: 1219–1264. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01746.x
- Issue online: 19 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!