Barraclough and Whaley are from the Owen Graduate School of Management at Vanderbilt University. The authors are grateful to Cliff Ball, Darrell Duffie, F. Douglas Foster, Phil Gocke, Paul Jiganti, Eric Noll, Jacob Sagi, Tom Smith, Walt Smith, and Hans Stoll as well as to an anonymous referee for insightful comments/discussions and to the Options Clearing Corporation for providing the early exercise data. We are also grateful to Christoph Schenzler for providing excellent research assistance.
Early Exercise of Put Options on Stocks
Article first published online: 19 JUL 2012
© 2012 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 67, Issue 4, pages 1423–1456, August 2012
How to Cite
BARRACLOUGH, K. and WHALEY, R. E. (2012), Early Exercise of Put Options on Stocks. The Journal of Finance, 67: 1423–1456. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01752.x
- Issue published online: 19 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 19 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!