Hirshleifer and Teoh are from The Paul Merage School of Business, University of California, Irvine. Low is from Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University. We thank the Editor (Cam Harvey), the Associate Editor, two anonymous referees, Sanaz Aghazadeh, Robert Bloomfield, Peng-Chia Chiu, SuJung Choi, Major Coleman, Shane Dikolli, Lucile Faurel, Xuan Huang, Fei Kang, Kevin Koh, Brent Lao, Richard Mergenthaler, Alex Nekrasov, Mort Pincus, Devin Shanthikumar, and participants in the Merage School of Business, UC Irvine Workshop in Psychology and Capital Markets, the brown bag workshop at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technical University, and “The Intersection of Economics and Psychology in Accounting Research Conference” at the McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin for very helpful comments, and Peng-Chia Chiu and Xuan Huang for excellent research assistance.
Are Overconfident CEOs Better Innovators?
Article first published online: 19 JUL 2012
© 2012 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 67, Issue 4, pages 1457–1498, August 2012
How to Cite
HIRSHLEIFER, D., LOW, A. and TEOH, S. H. (2012), Are Overconfident CEOs Better Innovators?. The Journal of Finance, 67: 1457–1498. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01753.x
- Issue published online: 19 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 19 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!