Edmans is from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, NBER, and ECGI; Gabaix is from the NYU Stern School of Business, NBER, CEPR, and ECGI; Sadzik is from New York University; and Sannikov is from Princeton University. For helpful comments, we thank an anonymous referee, an Associate Editor, the Editor (Cam Harvey), Raj Aggarwal, Gary Becker, Gilles Chemla, Ingolf Dittmann, Phil Dybvig, Oliver Hart, Ken Feinberg, Mike Fishman, Christian Goulding, Zhiguo He, Marcus Opp, Tomasz Piskorski, Ailsa Roell, Leonid Spesivtsev, Ajay Subramaniam, Eric Talley, and seminar participants at the AEA, Conference on Financial Economics and Accounting, Financial Research Association, FIRS, Harvard Law School/Sloan Foundation Conference on Corporate Governance, Jackson Hole Finance Conference, LSE FMG Conference on Managers, Incentives and Organizational Structure, NBER Corporate Finance, NBER Law and Economics, Paris Corporate Finance Conference, Society for Economic Dynamics, Washington University Conference on Corporate Finance, WFA, Arizona State, Caltech, Chicago, Colorado, Harvard, Northwestern, NYU, Toulouse, and Wharton. Qi Liu and Andrei Savotchkine provided excellent research assistance. This paper was previously circulated under the title “Dynamic Incentive Accounts.”
Dynamic CEO Compensation
Article first published online: 12 SEP 2012
© 2012 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 67, Issue 5, pages 1603–1647, October 2012
How to Cite
EDMANS, A., GABAIX, X., SADZIK, T. and SANNIKOV, Y. (2012), Dynamic CEO Compensation. The Journal of Finance, 67: 1603–1647. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01768.x
- Issue published online: 12 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 12 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!