Glode is from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. Green is from the Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University. Lowery is from the McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin. We are especially thankful to Bruce Carlin and Bilge Yilmaz for suggestions that led to major improvements in the paper over earlier versions. We also thank two anonymous referees; Andy Abel; Philip Bond; Josh Coval; Limor Golan; Itay Goldstein; Brett Green; Isa Hafalir; Cam Harvey (Editor); Mark Jenkins; Ari Kang; Rich Kihlstrom; Doron Levit; Mark Lowenstein; Thomas Philippon; Joel Shapiro; Tri Vi Dang; and Lucy White; seminar participants at American University, Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell University, the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, Louisiana State University, the SEC, Southern Methodist University, University of Southern California, University of Texas-Austin, University of Colorado–Boulder, Vanderbilt University, the Wharton School, and the University of Wisconsin-Madison; and participants in the 2011 AEA meetings, the FDIC 2009 Bank Research Conference, the Fall 2009 Theory Workshop on Corporate Finance and Financial Markets at MIT, the 2010 FIRS Conference, the 2010 Corporate Finance Conference at Minnesota, the 2010 Financial Stability Conference at Tilburg, the 2010 UBC Summer Finance Conference, the 2011 WFA meetings, and the 2010 World Congress of the Econometric Society for their helpful suggestions and comments on the paper.
Financial Expertise as an Arms Race
Article first published online: 12 SEP 2012
© 2012 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 67, Issue 5, pages 1723–1759, October 2012
How to Cite
GLODE, V., GREEN, R. C. and LOWERY, R. (2012), Financial Expertise as an Arms Race. The Journal of Finance, 67: 1723–1759. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01771.x
- Issue published online: 12 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 12 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!