Vicente Cuñat, London School of Economics; Mireia Gine, WRDS University of Pennsylvania and Public-Private Sector Research Center, IESE Business School; Maria Guadalupe, INSEAD, NBER, CEPR, and IZA. We are grateful to Ashwini Agrawal; Ann Bartel; Ken Chay; Jeff Coles; Jan Eeckhout; Ray Fisman; Laurie Hodrick; Denis Gromb; Raymond Lim; Marco Manacorda; Zacharias Sautner; David Yermack; and seminar participants at Brown University, Columbia Business School, the University of Edinburgh, Goethe University, LeBow College of Business Conference on Corporate Governance, the London School of Economics, University of Michigan, the New York University Paduano Seminar, and the University of Oregon for their helpful comments and suggestions. The usual disclaimer applies.
The Vote Is Cast: The Effect of Corporate Governance on Shareholder Value
Article first published online: 12 SEP 2012
© 2012 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 67, Issue 5, pages 1943–1977, October 2012
How to Cite
CUÑAT, V., GINE, M. and GUADALUPE, M. (2012), The Vote Is Cast: The Effect of Corporate Governance on Shareholder Value. The Journal of Finance, 67: 1943–1977. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01776.x
- Issue published online: 12 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 12 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!