Favara is with the International Monetary Fund. Schroth is with the University of Amsterdam. Valta is with HEC Paris. The authors thank Viral Acharya, Albert Chun, Stijn Claessens, Engelbert Dockner, Laurent Frésard, Erasmo Giambona, Ron Giammarino, Amit Goyal, Nishad Kapadia, Ernst Maug, Erwan Morellec, Stefano Rossi, Ilya Strebulaev, René Stulz, Kenichi Ueda, Andrea Vedolin, Elu Von Thadden, an anonymous referee, the Advisory Editor, and Cam Harvey (the Editor) for valuable suggestions that improved the paper. The authors also thank seminar participants at Cass Business School, the University of Mannheim, the 2010 WFA Meeting (Victoria), the 2010 FIRS Meeting (Florence), the 2009 EFA Meeting (Bergen), and the 2008 Swiss Doctoral Workshop (Gerzensee). The views expressed in this paper are those of the authors, and should not be attributed to the IMF, its Executive Board, or its management.
Strategic Default and Equity Risk Across Countries
Article first published online: 19 NOV 2012
© 2012 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 67, Issue 6, pages 2051–2095, December 2012
How to Cite
FAVARA, G., SCHROTH, E. and VALTA, P. (2012), Strategic Default and Equity Risk Across Countries. The Journal of Finance, 67: 2051–2095. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01781.x
- Issue published online: 19 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 19 NOV 2012
- Initial submission: July 22, 2010; Final version received: March 28, 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!