Federal Reserve Board. Any views expressed here are those of the author and need not represent the views of the Federal Reserve Board or its staff. I thank Bo Becker; Mark Carey; Alex Edmans; Xavier Gabaix; Jerry Hausman; Erik Heitfield; George Korniotis; Amanda Kowalski; David Lebow; Josh Lerner; Raven Saks Molloy; Stew Myers; Matthias Osthoff; Rick Ruback; Johannes Spinnewijn; Julie Wulf; Cam Harvey (the Editor); an anonymous referee; an Associate Editor; and seminar participants at the Federal Reserve Board, Dartmouth Tuck, Harvard Business School, Columbia Business School, Duke Fuqua, the NBER Summer Institute, and the AFA Annual Meeting for helpful comments or conversations. I thank Alejandro Companioni and Geoffrey Barnes for excellent research assistance. I am responsible for any errors.
Agency Problems in Public Firms: Evidence from Corporate Jets in Leveraged Buyouts
Article first published online: 19 NOV 2012
© 2012 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 67, Issue 6, pages 2187–2213, December 2012
How to Cite
EDGERTON, J. (2012), Agency Problems in Public Firms: Evidence from Corporate Jets in Leveraged Buyouts. The Journal of Finance, 67: 2187–2213. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01784.x
- Issue published online: 19 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 19 NOV 2012
- Initial submission: February 6, 2011; Final version received: March 19, 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!