Manju Puri is at Duke University and the NBER and Rebecca Zarutskie is at Duke University. We thank Steve Kaplan (Acting Editor), two anonymous referees, seminar participants at Columbia University, Duke University, Harvard Business School, London Business School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy in New Delhi, the New York Fed, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the U.S. Census Bureau Center for Economic Studies, and participants and discussants at the Western Finance Association 2007 meeting, the European Finance Association 2007 meeting, the 2007 Corporate Finance Conference at Washington University in Saint Louis, and the Financial Intermediation Research Society 2008 conference for valuable comments and suggestions. We thank Kirk White and Bert Grider for their diligent assistance with the data and for helpful comments. David Braun, John Chang, Jeffrey Ding, Yangyang Guo, Steven He, Dianna Hu, Greg Johnston, Ethen Kang, Lexxe Keister, Anurag Kondapalli, Young See Kwon, Fiona Lee, Kathryn Li, Fei Long, Kevin Plattenburg, Peichun Wang, Pengpeng Wang, Monica Wood, Caroline Xie, Jie Yang, Shouyue Yu, Gang Zhang, Lucy Zheng, Yiwen Zhu, and Jeff Zuo provided excellent research assistance. The research in this paper was conducted while the authors were Special Sworn researchers of the U.S. Census Bureau at the Triangle Census Research Data Center. Research results and conclusions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Census Bureau. This paper has been screened to ensure that no confidential data are revealed.
On the Life Cycle Dynamics of Venture-Capital- and Non-Venture-Capital-Financed Firms
Version of Record online: 19 NOV 2012
© 2012 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 67, Issue 6, pages 2247–2293, December 2012
How to Cite
PURI, M. and ZARUTSKIE, R. (2012), On the Life Cycle Dynamics of Venture-Capital- and Non-Venture-Capital-Financed Firms. The Journal of Finance, 67: 2247–2293. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01786.x
- Issue online: 19 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 19 NOV 2012
- Initial submission: May 19, 2008; Final version received: April 17, 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!