Francesco Franzoni and Eric Nowak are at the University of Lugano and Swiss Finance Institute, via G. Buffi 13, Lugano, Switzerland. Ludovic Phalippou is at the University of Oxford Said Business School and Oxford-Man Institute, OX1 1HP, Oxford, UK. We are especially grateful to the Editor, Cam Harvey, and anonymous Associate Editor and referee for greatly contributing to the final version of the paper. We are also grateful to Philipp Krohmer and Daniel Schmidt of CEPRES GmbH for their support and for giving us access to their database. We thank Viral Acharya; Fernando Anjos; Giovanni Barone-Adesi; Alessandro Beber; Dion Bongaerts; Andrea Caprara; Joost Driessen; Frank de Jong; Patrick Gagliardini; Tim Jenkinson; Christian Julliard; Marcin Kacperczyk; Aditya Kaul; Laurence Lescourret; Hanno Lustig; Roni Michaely; Adair Morse; Tarun Ramadorai; Christian Rauch; Diego Ronchetti; Elvira Sojli; Per Stromberg; Fabio Trojani; Marno Verbeek; Anette Vissing-Jorgensen; and conference participants at ESSEC; Erasmus University; ISCTE; the CEPR Symposium in Gerzensee; the German Finance Association Meeting; Argentum PE conference; and seminar participants at the Universities of Amsterdam, Oxford, and Tilburg for helpful comments. We thank Alexander Eisele for excellent research assistance. We are also grateful to Vera Baranouskaya. This project is financially supported by NETSPAR, NCCR-FINRISK, and RICAFE II (European Commission contract no. 028942.)
Private Equity Performance and Liquidity Risk
Article first published online: 19 NOV 2012
© 2012 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 67, Issue 6, pages 2341–2373, December 2012
How to Cite
FRANZONI, F., NOWAK, E. and PHALIPPOU, L. (2012), Private Equity Performance and Liquidity Risk. The Journal of Finance, 67: 2341–2373. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01788.x
- Issue published online: 19 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 19 NOV 2012
- Initial submission: June 17, 2010; Final version received: February 14, 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!