DellaVigna is from the Department of Economics, University of California, Berkeley. Pollet is from the Department of Finance, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. We thank Malcolm Baker; Patrick Bolton; James Choi; Kenneth French; Ron Giammarino; Gur Huberman; Christopher Polk; Michael Weisbach; Jeffrey Wurgler; and audiences at Amsterdam University, Columbia University, Dartmouth College, Emory University, Harvard University, Rotterdam University, Tilburg University, UCLA, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the 2008 AFA Annual Meetings, and the 2008 Texas Finance Festival for comments. We also thank Jay Ritter for providing IPO data. Finally, we gratefully acknowledge the support of the NSF through grant SES-0418206.
Capital Budgeting versus Market Timing: An Evaluation Using Demographics
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2013
© 2013 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 1, pages 237–270, February 2013
How to Cite
DELLAVIGNA, S. and POLLET, J. M. (2013), Capital Budgeting versus Market Timing: An Evaluation Using Demographics. The Journal of Finance, 68: 237–270. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01799.x
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 DEC 2012 06:00AM EST
- Initial submission: April 16, 2008; Final version received: August 9, 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!