Foucault is from HEC, Paris; Kadan is from the Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis; and Kandel is from the Hebrew University. We are grateful to an anonymous referee, an anonymous Associate Editor, and to Campbell Harvey (the Editor) for very helpful comments and suggestions. We also thank Torben Andersen, Hank Bessembinder, Bruno Biais, Lawrence Glosten, Jeff Harris, Lawrence Harris, Pete Kyle, Terrence Hendershott, Olivier Ledoit, Ernst Maug, Albert Menkveld, Erwan Morellec, Marios Panayides, Sébastien Pouget, Michel Robe, Jean-Charles Rochet, Ioanid Rosu, Gideon Saar, Elu Von Thadden, and participants at the 2009 Western Finance Association Meeting, the 2009 European Finance Association Meeting, the NYSE-Euronext Amsterdam-Tinbergen Institute workshop on volatility and liquidity, the Fédération des Banques Françaises-Institut d’Economie Industrielle conference on investment banking and financial markets in Toulouse, the CREATES symposium on market microstructure, and the Warwick Business School conference on high frequency econometrics, as well as seminar participants at Boston University, University of Calgary, the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Humboldt University, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, University of Mannheim, University of Toronto, and University College in Dublin for their useful comments. The usual disclaimer applies.
Liquidity Cycles and Make/Take Fees in Electronic Markets
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2013
© 2013 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 1, pages 299–341, February 2013
How to Cite
FOUCAULT, T., KADAN, O. and KANDEL, E. (2013), Liquidity Cycles and Make/Take Fees in Electronic Markets. The Journal of Finance, 68: 299–341. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01801.x
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 DEC 2012 06:00AM EST
- Initial submission: November 4, 2009; Final version received: August 15, 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!