Beber is with Cass Business School and CEPR, and Pagano is with Università di Napoli Federico II, CSEF, EIEF, and CEPR. We thank Cam Harvey, an anonymous Associate Editor, an anonymous referee, Viral Acharya, Bruno Biais, Dimitris Christelis, Matthew Clifton, Anne de Graaf, Joost Driessen, Luca Enriques, Craig Holden, Harrison Hong, Tullio Jappelli, Charles Jones, Charlotte Ostergaard, Paolo Porchia, Ailsa Röell, Pedro Santa Clara, Enrique Schroth, Erik Theissen, Ingrid Werner, and seminar participants at the 2009 NYSE-Euronext-Tinbergen Institute Workshop on Liquidity and Volatility in Today's Markets, the 2010 EFA meeting, the 2010 FIRS meeting, the 2010 WFA meeting, the Autoritaet Financiële Markten, the IESE Madrid Finance Workshop, the SIFR conference Asset Allocation and Pricing in the Light of the Recent Financial Crisis, the 4th Unicredit Conference in Banking and Finance, Bocconi University, Cass Business School, the Duisenberg School of Finance, Imperial College, Rotterdam School of Management, Swiss Finance Institute at the University of Lugano, and the University of Naples Federico II. Richard Evers, Martijn Reekers, and Piyush Singh provided outstanding research assistance. Financial support from Inquire Europe and Q-Group is gratefully acknowledged.
Short-Selling Bans Around the World: Evidence from the 2007–09 Crisis
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2013
© 2013 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 68, Issue 1, pages 343–381, February 2013
How to Cite
BEBER, A. and PAGANO, M. (2013), Short-Selling Bans Around the World: Evidence from the 2007–09 Crisis. The Journal of Finance, 68: 343–381. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2012.01802.x
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 DEC 2012 06:03AM EST
- Initial submission: January 21, 2010; Final version received: March 23, 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!