The authors are grateful to guest editor Massimo Colombo and three anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments on earlier versions of this paper.
Strong Ties as Sources of New Knowledge: How Small Firms Innovate through Bridging Capabilities*
Version of Record online: 16 MAR 2012
© 2012 International Council for Small Business
Journal of Small Business Management
Special Issue: Small Business and Networked Innovation: Organizational and Managerial Challenges
Volume 50, Issue 2, pages 239–256, April 2012
How to Cite
Lowik, S., van Rossum, D., Kraaijenbrink, J. and Groen, A. (2012), Strong Ties as Sources of New Knowledge: How Small Firms Innovate through Bridging Capabilities. Journal of Small Business Management, 50: 239–256. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-627X.2012.00352.x
Sandor Lowik is a PhD candidate in innovation and knowledge management at the Netherlands Institute for Knowledge Intensive Entrepreneurship (NIKOS), University of Twente, The Netherlands.
Daan van Rossum is a master student in Business Administration at the University of Twente, The Netherlands.
Jeroen Kraaijenbrink is assistant professor in strategic management and entrepreneurship at NIKOS, University of Twente, The Netherlands.
Aard Groen is professor of innovative entrepreneurship and scientific director of NIKOS, University of Twente, The Netherlands.
- Issue online: 16 MAR 2012
- Version of Record online: 16 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!