This paper formerly circulated under the titles “On the Out-of-Sample Stock Return Predictability: The International Evidence” and “Does Stock Market Volatility Forecast Returns: The International Evidence.” I especially thank an anonymous referee for many insightful and constructive comments. I also thank conference participants of the 2004 FMA meeting for helpful suggestion. Bill Bock and Jason Higbee provided excellent research assistance. The views expressed in this paper are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis or the Federal Reserve System. Morgan Stanley Capital International, Inc. (MSCI), its affiliates, and information providers make no warranties with respect to data used in this article. The MSCI data used in this article may not be used, distributed, or disseminated without the written consent of MSCI.
The Risk-Return Relation in International Stock Markets
Article first published online: 9 OCT 2006
Volume 41, Issue 4, pages 565–587, November 2006
How to Cite
Guo, H. (2006), The Risk-Return Relation in International Stock Markets. Financial Review, 41: 565–587. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6288.2006.00157.x
- Issue published online: 9 OCT 2006
- Article first published online: 9 OCT 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!