We thank Najah Attig, Narjess Boubakri, Sadok El Ghoul, Betty Simkins, Oumar Sy, seminar participants at the University of Saskatchewan, and especially an anonymous referee for insightful comments on our paper. We also benefited from comments from B.V. Phani, Marina Martynova, Chen Wu, and participants at the 2007 Financial Management Association Meeting in Orlando, the 2007 Eastern Finance Association Meeting in New Orleans, the 2007 Academy of International Business Meeting in Indianapolis and the 2007 European Financial Management Association Meeting in Vienna. We appreciate generous financial support from Canada's Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council and excellent research assistance from Anis Samet and Walid Saffar.
Excess Control, Corporate Governance and Implied Cost of Equity: International Evidence
Article first published online: 12 OCT 2009
© 2009, The Eastern Finance Association
Volume 44, Issue 4, pages 489–524, November 2009
How to Cite
Guedhami, O. and Mishra, D. (2009), Excess Control, Corporate Governance and Implied Cost of Equity: International Evidence. Financial Review, 44: 489–524. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6288.2009.00227.x
- Issue published online: 12 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 12 OCT 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!