I am grateful to Ekkehart Boehmer, Owen Lamont, Marc Lipson, David Musto, and seminar participants at Arizona, Berkeley, Stanford, and Wharton for helpful comments. I thank Steve Wheeler, archivist at the NYSE, for pointing me toward relevant data, and I thank Rui Zhou for research assistance. A previous version of this paper was titled “Shorting restrictions, liquidity, and returns.”
Shorting Restrictions: Revisiting the 1930s
Article first published online: 4 JAN 2012
© 2012, The Eastern Finance Association
Volume 47, Issue 1, pages 1–35, February 2012
How to Cite
Jones, C. M. (2012), Shorting Restrictions: Revisiting the 1930s. Financial Review, 47: 1–35. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6288.2011.00319.x
- Issue published online: 4 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 4 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!