A previous version of this manuscript was presented at the Family Enterprise Research Conference, Cancun, Mexico. We are grateful to the ETP special issue editors—Jim Combs, Dave Ketchen, and Jeremy Short—and the two anonymous reviewers for their insightful and developmental feedback, which led to substantial improvements in our work. We also benefited greatly from the valuable comments and suggestions on earlier drafts from Frank Hoy and Dianne Welsh as well as from the participants of the FERC conference in 2010.
Franchising and the Family Firm: Creating Unique Sources of Advantage Through “Familiness”*
Article first published online: 20 APR 2011
© 2011 Baylor University
Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice
Special Issue: New Directions in Franchising Research
Volume 35, Issue 3, pages 483–501, May 2011
How to Cite
Chirico, F., Ireland, R. D. and Sirmon, D. G. (2011), Franchising and the Family Firm: Creating Unique Sources of Advantage Through “Familiness”. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 35: 483–501. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6520.2011.00441.x
The order of authorship is alphabetical. Each author contributed equally.
- Issue published online: 20 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 20 APR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!