Jeremy J. Tewell is assistant professor of history at Missouri Southern State University, specializing in the early American republic and the Civil War era. He received his Ph.D. from Oklahoma State University and would like to thank Dr. James L. Huston for his advice and support.
A Difference of Complexion: George Fitzhugh and the Birth of the Republican Party
Article first published online: 8 JUN 2011
© 2011 Phi Alpha Theta
Volume 73, Issue 2, pages 235–254, Summer 2011
How to Cite
TEWELL, J. J. (2011), A Difference of Complexion: George Fitzhugh and the Birth of the Republican Party. Historian, 73: 235–254. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6563.2011.00290.x
- Issue published online: 8 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 8 JUN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!